Monday, February 20, 2012

One Thing Leads to Another Again!

So far today has not been a productive day! I heard something yesterday that reminded me of another something I recently read in Madeleine L'Engle's book, Walking on Water. The subject was truth in fiction. I hope to write more on that on another day but first I want to explain why it appears that I never get anything DONE. I accomplish many things in a day but often they are not the things written on my to-do list.

It began with looking up the sections of L'Engle's book that I remembered. Then I wanted to re-read what CS Lewis said on the same subject. I googled it. This led me to a webpage, The Rabbit Room where I read an article about truth in fantasy, this led me to subscribe to the Rabbit Room's RSS feed which took me to my Google Reader. There I began reading the most current article from the Rabbit Room about Christian Storytelling,  and I came upon the word "adumbrated". Not knowing that word, I googled it. This led to the Merriam-Webster page where I found that the definition to adumbrated is: 

1: to foreshadow vaguely : intimate
2: to suggest, disclose, or outline partially <adumbrate a plan>
ad·um·bra·tion noun
ad·um·bra·tive adjective
ad·um·bra·tive·ly adverb

After reading the definition I noticed a quiz that appeared to the right of the definition called "Name That Thing Quiz". I took the quiz, it was very exciting because I scored 2900 while the average score is 2420!! I am always excited when I appear above average!

Regardless of the tiny quiz boost to my self-esteem I now have spent too much time wandering about and chasing rabbit trails. The truth in fiction research will have to wait for another time. I  must now get to the to-do list which includes my Bible study lesson, catching up on You Version with my read-the-bible in a year project and doing laundry. One thing really does lead to another but the key is to resist running down the rabbit trail on days when you have run out of clean underwear! All this talk of rabbits, rabbit rooms, rabbit trails requires a cute bunny picture. Enjoy!

Jackson with Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment