Saturday, March 17, 2012

Making a Cross and Pancakes on St. Patrick's Day


I'll begin with the St. Patrick's Day portion of this post. In honor of St. Patrick's Day and all things GREEN I made green pancakes! I have mentioned before that Parker has an aversion to all things green, this only applies to food. Green is actually his favorite color. Anyway, he enthusiastically began to eat his pancakes but I could tell by the surprise in his voice when he said, "These are good" that he suspected I had put vegetables in them. I made them with Bisquick mix and added vanilla and a little bit of sugar and also green food coloring. We loved them!



Now for the cross making part of the day! The internet is filled with inspiration and sometimes it is overwhelming. Sometimes something kind of ordinary will jump out at you. Perhaps on another day I would have passed it by but today I took a closer look. This is the graphic that caught my attention this morning:  from Clay Pot Ideas on Facebook.

 This picture gave me the idea to arrange the names of Jesus in the shape of a cross. It would be like a "things to remember" board, where you  tape up the names of who He really is so you don't forget. This week I needed to remember that He is the Prince of Peace, the Bright and Morning Star, He is wonderful, He is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.He is The Corner Stone.


The names of Jesus with scripture references are found here. I did not use all the names. Around the edge of the project I wrote the lyrics for the chorus of the Casting Crowns song, My Savior Lives. Video with lyrics are here on You Tube. I have this song on my nano and I love to listen to it while I run. Jesus is so many things to me, Savior, Redeemer, Counselor but the one thing that matters most is that He Lives! He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the END.

No comments:

Post a Comment