Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm Nuts About You

Two posts today! We are driving to College Station today to see Bailey compete in an indoor meet at Texas A&M University. So I will not be here to post over the weekend but wanted to share the Valentine's I made for the kids in my Sunday School class. These were simple and quick to make. Again, this is real world crafting. I would like to have been more fancy but this is what I had time to do:



Early in the year a squirrel emerged as our class mascot. I found a picture on the internet of a squirrel with a Super man emblem on his chest and wearing a cape (photo-shopped). I used the squirrel with an acrostic of POWER that we were learning. P-pray in the Spirit, O-obey God's word, W- worship with the church, E- explain your faith, and R-read the Bible. I told the kids if they did these things they would be like Super Squirrel. The kids liked the picture so much that I began to incorporate super squirrel or some other squirrel in as many lessons and crafts as possible. So I was glad to find this Valentine stamp of a squirrel saying "I'm nuts about you!" As I mentioned this was a very simple and un-embelished card. Because of that I was able to make 16 of them Wednesday night and also have time to make the Lemon-poppy seed cakes! It would be wonderful to have more time to be creative! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment