Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Foam Rollering Along


Sunday was my 29th day in a row to run (at least one mile a day, often many more). So far this has been a pretty successful running streak. As with my very first running streak , I have had an issue with my IT band. This time it is the left leg. I think there could be several causes, one is that I may need a full rest day of no running in order for my muscles to completely recover, I could have increased my mileage too quickly, or it could be the road. Running on the roadside means that usually I am searching for the level spot. To be assured that you are running on a level place you would have to run on that spot on the road where the tires also roll. By running as far out of the way as possible I am always running on a slope, my left leg striking on lower ground than my right. I don't even notice it at first but after a long run (by mile 5) I can feel every nuance of the road's surface.

trusty foam roller
I have a little more than a week to go on this running streak and then I will add back in full rest days and do some cross training. So far the trusty foam roller has rolled out all the tightness in the IT band and I have been able to keep running.  But let me just say that the IT band is not the worst part of this summer running streak...the heat is now upon us here in North Texas and the last couple of days have not been comfortable running weather! When I began my run at 7:15 this morning I was very comfortable but by 7:45 it was hot and I was a sweaty,drippy, overheated mess. It will be over 100 degrees here today --AGAIN!  I press on.


Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Total
1.09
1.49
5.05
2.07
8
2
3.20
22.79


























Don't ask what happened to the table above! I fought with it for a while and then gave up. It is what it is.  At least the information is there. My Computer Science minion is working on a project and I do not want to disrupt her progress with my inability to create and maintain a table in Microsoft Word. The wonky table above is growing on me. I really have no idea how I ended up with extra cells at the bottom but maybe I can paste a bunny picture in there or something else that's festive or motivating. I have no word processing skills. I am, however, a summer running machine! Fear me! Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment