Monday, March 5, 2012

Project Life

Project Life- January and February
Finally, I am posting something about Project Life. I planned to start this project in January but due to the Project Life creator and her website being pinned on Pinterest, Amazon ran out of her products. I began taking pictures and waited rather impatiently for the new supplies to arrive. There were Facebook updates on product availability and even on re-stocking projections for Amazon.  I ordered my missing supplies the minute they became available and began scrapbooking as soon as they arrived. It has taken me a few tries to get into a rhythm with it.

This pic shows the weekly date card in the top left corner, this could be used as a subject or title card. The four little cards across the middle of the page are provided in the kit and can be used to document the pictures.


Becky Higgins is the creator of Project Life. She describes her type of scrapbooking as a" back to basics approach to memory keeping". First step, purchase the basic notebook, then purchase pages (I use Design A), then purchase a project life kit that is available in different color sets. The notebook is a basic three ring binder. The pages have slots for pictures and the two sizes of cards provided in the kit. When you first receive your supplies you can set up your notebook by inserting the first page cards and the last page cards. There is also a title card for every two page spread that can be put into place all the way through the book (if you choose to use it that way). Other pages are available for larger pieces and for vertical photos. Additionally, there are cards that slide in and are used to document your pictures or to make notes about an event or as decoration. It can be very simple, slide in the pictures, write a title and date on a card, slide in the card and your are finished. I, of course, did not choose this most simple option.

Valentine's Day memories, the movie, Chocolat and Flourless Nutella Cake!
Originally I planned to take a picture every day--I have always wanted to do that. I still plan to do it - I think I just have too many things going on to develop the habit right now. There are many ways to use Project Life from just normal picture collection with the various little cards used to write names, dates, event, details. Or you can do the 365 day picture challenge and take a picture every day. Or you can take pictures weekly - which is what I have done, sort of. Some subject themes have developed in my pictures, due to the consecutive days of running and cross making and these have insinuated themselves into the weekly pictures. I think my project will continue to evolve over time and at some point I hope to take a picture every day so that I can capture our life before Parker (my baby) goes off to college.


I was a little more creative here, I used a cross I made for my cross making project and also some embellishments from a card making kit.

More creative additions: I used a sports beans package and tags from Nike instead of the description cards - I have only so much to say about running every day!


These are pics of some bibles that belong to my beloved bible study ladies, the church in the top right corner is First United Methodist Church of McKinney (not my home church - just where I attend Bible study). I had planned to photograph lots of Bibles but I need do some research on photographing still life type pictures before I continue. I also need to learn how to use GIMP - my photo software!
I think I will get better at this as I go along and I think it will get easier. I need to take more candid pictures and I need to collect more odds and ends that can be used in the small card slots when I don't want to journal about an event or label every picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment