Friday, March 16, 2012

So Far So Good, 24 Days of Making Crosses

something green and glittery!
Making crosses every day has become more challenging this week. A trip to the ER for a pill stuck in my throat did not help. I know this is TMI (too much information) but you will wonder why one of the crosses is made out of hospital bracelets. Wonder no more!
 I made this cross by painting card stock with watercolors. I then wrote the Armor Of God verses (Ephesians 6:10-18) on the cross, then I used watercolor crayons to write "Faith" and accentuate the edges. We are memorizing these verses with the third graders in my Sunday School class. They  have such quick memories. I am struggling with the verses. The first four were great, but now my slightly older than third grade brain is rejecting any further verses. It's a battle I must win!

The hospital bracelet cross!
"And God said, Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky. So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to it's kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:20-21 :)

Even though this has been a challenging week, I still find peace in knowing that God is with me. I especially enjoyed drawing the little animals on the cross I made today. I love to think about the vast variety of creatures that God has made for us to enjoy and be fascinated with. I think I enjoy trying to create pretty things because I am made in the image of the Great Creator. It doesn't matter what the finished "product" looks like, it matters that I find joy in the process of making it just as God must have when He created the world and all that is in it and then pronounced it was "good".

No comments:

Post a Comment