Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring, Spring Break and Bunnies

Spring has sprung. Bailey comes home tomorrow for Spring Break and Easter is approaching! In addition to making a cross a day I have been sprucing up the house for Easter. I realize that Easter has nothing to do with bunnies. Easter is the celebration of Christ rising from the dead after His crucifixion, as far as I know there were no bunnies involved! In celebrating Easter, some people leave behind the eggs and bunnies when their children outgrow the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Not me! Since we have bunnies in our home year round, what's a few more added at the onset of Spring? Here are a few of the bunnies that hang out with us every day:

Picture of Jackson taken today - he looks angry because he is! He did not want me to take his picture. This was the fourth picture I took. He kept hopping away or turning his back on me.


 

Cleo was asleep this afternoon (in her bunny castle) and couldn't be bothered to lift her head for the picture.

Here are more bunnies that can be found here year round.


Lest you believe we are bunny fanatics let me clarify that the most found decorative items in our home are family photos; there are also candles, teenager stuff, craft stuff and more stuff. There are also crosses.


One of the bouquets.
Okay, so back to Spring, Spring Break and the Easter Bunny. Last year, right before Bailey's Spring Break, the weather was dreary and cold. The entire winter had been dreary and cold as far as I was concerned and I desperately wanted to see green grass and flowers and feel some warm sunshine. I do not like for her to come home to our Texas from the very cold Missouri and find more of the same (cold, dreary). I needed to do something to celebrate Bailey's return and to bring some Spring into our life, not to mention prepare our hearts for Easter. I went to the florist. I had them make three arrangements, one large and two small to put in our family room and kitchen.

We loved the flowers and given the gloomy weather it was money well spent. This year we have had a mild winter and today, the day before Bailey comes home for Spring Break, it is sunny and warm! Very cheerful. Therefore, this year to celebrate Spring, Spring Break and Easter I bought a metal urn with a wire cage on top and another decorative bunny!

As with many of my ideas, Dean helped me pull this one together. He purchased an ivy for me and planted it in the urn. He also bought a bag of moss that I then put around the edges of the urn. The tray usually sits there and has been the backdrop for vases, flowers, two very funny ceramic chickens, a turkey at Thanksgiving and two gold reindeer at Christmas. Those are coffee beans on the bottom of the tray.

After my failed Smoothie pictures I took extra time and effort to photograph my little project. The results were comical not professional or artistic!

Parker is holding up a too-small poster board behind the bunny.
Parker is holding up a green table cloth behind the bunny! Perhaps I should have ironed the table cloth!

Despite no improvement in my attempts to 'stage' photographs, I like the way my idea turned out. Hopefully, I will not kill the ivy so that the urn and ivy can remain long after Easter has passed- to be joined by a summer creature or a bowl of fruit or maybe even another less-Easter looking bunny!

Here's Parker, photographer's assistant!

No comments:

Post a Comment