Monday, April 30, 2012

A Disturbance in the Force

I have dreaded writing this post! Last week I fell completely apart with regard to all the things I need to be doing. It is all Dean's fault!! He was out of town for three days, he threw his back out and he had lots of work to do and somehow all of that interfered with my running and my read-the-bible in a year plan. I have no idea why all those things that were happening to Dean caused me to NOT RUN and NOT READ but they did. I don't make the rules (well maybe I do) I just live with the results!!

Actually it was just a weird week. Anytime he travels it does throw me off, we are definitely a team and when one of us is gone it causes a disturbance in the Force. I was also trying to get everything done before Friday, when we went to visit OU. So I crammed 5 days of things into 4.

Still, these are all excuses and the truth is I do what I want to do if I make a schedule and stick to it. Last week I did not stick to the schedule. 
 
What I ran in week 4

Week #
Sun
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
4

3miles repeats
9:17, 8:56, 8:59


Greenbelt run 6.06
(1:08)

3.03
29:41
Tempo
 total: 12.8 miles
 
What I ran in week #5
Week #
Sun
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
5





5.03 miles 54:17

7.02 miles
1:19.28

 total: 12.5 miles

 My total ( miles) was about the same so nothing should be lost from a cardiovascular perspective. It is just depressing to have only run 2 days. I think this will be a better week.

Again, it's Monday and therefore a good time for more happy bunny pictures!



A very relaxed Jackson!

The bunny enjoying his bunny castle!
Back of Cleo, front of Jackson!

 In the evening Dean brings Cleo down from upstairs and she and Jackson sit on the pillow in Dean's lap. We all watch television together. Cleo is having a bunny snack in the above picture while Jackson snuggles with her.

 Cleo is the upstairs bunny and Jackson is the downstairs bunny. Cleo is Bailey's rabbit. She roams the upstairs and wreaks havoc in Dean's office by day and sleeps in her cage at night. On the days that Dean works at home she demands that he pet her and talk to her until she is ready for her nap. She, too, has a bunny castle and is very much like a cat because she has many favorite sleeping places.  

Jackson is active in the early morning but "relaxes" and "rests his eyes" most of the day. He can be found in his bunny castle or in my bedroom under his cardboard box cave. He also sleeps in his cage at night.

I plan to have a better week of running...hmmm...I may have said that before. I have already turned over a new leaf in my Bible reading, I read for an hour this morning (before I ever got out of bed). I am on my way to catching up! It is raining here which does not bode well for running today, perhaps the rain is temporary! Happy running in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment