Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Healing Powers of Armadillos and Bluebonnets

This week has been a "catch up" week for me. When Bailey is home for a break we try to take advantage of her physical presence among us and spend as much time with her as possible. Unfortunately life goes on. Parker had school, I had responsibilities. When Bailey is at Mizzou and Parker is in school I am blessed to have "responsibilities". On those days I call them things like "purpose" and "projects". When Bailey is home or Parker has a day off from school they fly back into the responsibility category and any that can be postponed without anguish are forgotten. So this week has been a time to do all the laundry, catch up on the read-the-Bible in a year plan, load pictures, sort through mail, catch up on Bible study (I completed 5 days of Bible study in two days), make appointments and get back on schedule.

Below are some pictures from my relaxing day with Bailey at the Dallas Arboretum.

Armadillo!! Bailey called these "Armadibbles" when she was about two years old!


Bailey!  She went from saying "armadibble" to muttering things like 'code compiling' ,'byte, Linux, Unix, ROM, RAM and mastering the art of texting, LOL,  and tweeting all in the blink of an eye!





My guess is that bluebonnets do not universally appear in arboretums! Beautiful state flower!





























Memories of these beautiful flowers and our peaceful day together will carry me through until summer when Parker will be out of school and Bailey will be back home with us!
 "The grass withers and flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever". Isaiah 40:8

*** afterword*** I texted Bailey and asked what computer science jargon is typical (it is so foreign to me that I can't remember it). Here is her reply: "Currently learning about microprocessors and how information and addresses get sent over the data bus and address bus to the ALU and how to push and pull things off the stack as well as writing transparent subroutines." She also mentioned hexadecimal number systems, dicrete math and assembly language! I long for the days when all I had to do was decipher "armadibble", "frigert" (refrigerator) , and a very sweet one that my friend's daughter said, "high-biscuits" (hibiscus)!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment