Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm Sad Because You're Not a Dragon

Since Bailey is not here with us she misses being dragged into my many projects as Dean and Parker are. Bailey and I communicate by phone conversation, emailing, Facebooking and texting. Here are some Bailey updates:


 Above are screen captures of the weather app on my phone, I often check both the weather here and the weather in Columbia. Our temperatures are usually not the same!


The above pictures are of Bailey's new hair cut and color! So pretty!
 
 This is how I received those pictures, through texting!

 Another pic of Bailey via text.

This is the cute little felt owl Bailey made for her friend, Layne, for her birthday. Instructions via Pinterest.

 I think Bailey originally posted this on Facebook and on her blog, Stopwatch. This really does say it all about Bailey's personality. All four of us can relate to this. We would like to live at Hogwarts, we would like to travel with Dr. Who, we would like to be a crew member aboard Serenity (Firefly spaceship). Why can't there be a little more fantasy in real life?

Below are Facebook updates posted by Bailey. Both are running related. The runners on Bailey's team call non-running folk "Muggles". It's a Harry Potter reference. And it is impolite to draft pedestrians, they don't understand what you are doing, but having run in the wind and drafted behind Dean many times, I knew exactly what was happening.

Bailey Belvis on Facebook
Walking up some stairs to class.
Me: oh my legs hurt!
Muggle: what? You sore or something?

I forget that everyone isn't just in a perpetual state of pain
.
· · 32 minutes ago via mobile ·



-----------------------------------------------------------------

That awkward moment when you're walking to class and you look up and realize you are way too close to the person in front of you because not only have they been perfectly blocking the wind for you, but at the right angle, the rain too
·
I am so glad my kids are friends with me on Facebook. It allows me a glimpse into their lives when they are not here with me. The constantly evolving Technology is a weird monster that I desperately try to keep up with. I have many complaints about it as I have mentioned here and here. I do love the way I can be connected to my kids through my phone and on the internet.

While I was typing this Bailey sent me a picture she had drawn of an optical illusion. I sent her a link to the optical illusion last night and I also tried drawing it. I texted my picture back to her. From my text message on my phone I saved both pictures to my photo album on my phone. I then emailed the images to myself. This usually allows me to save my pictures to my HP photo software on my computer and then I can upload them to Picassa and then upload them to this blog. I saved the pictures and they are on my computer but I cannot find them and therefore cannot share them. I think as I get older PERSEVERANCE becomes even more important than it was when I was younger. I refuse to give up...there is a shiny carrot of connection with my kids dangling in front of me...eventually I will find my pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment