Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Running Update

I neglected to give a running update last week due to the issues with setting up the new computer. Despite a frustrating week of trying to get my online and computer life back to normal I still managed to run 12 miles! There were a few other obstacles in addition to the computer. On Monday evening Dean and I went to the Celina Track to do some speed work (slow-speed work in my case.). We have been going on Mondays for a few weeks. It is however the beginning of the dreaded summer track clubs season. I had only run one mile repeat when four kids came and stood in the lane I was running in at the finish line and refused to move. I managed one more 400 and then realized they were part of a rather large track club and gave up. We have located another track in McKinney and will try it next week.

Here's how the last two weeks have gone:




Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Total




4.05 miles
51:49

6.06 miles
1:08.14

5 miles
15.11 miles

2.06 miles
22:11
.94 miles @ 9;21 and .25 miles @ 2:07

3.57 miles 40:03


5.94 miles
1:02.26
12.79 miles










I took more pictures at the Greenbelt because it is so pretty right now. There are lots of butterflies, caterpillars and snakes. I ran by one couple and warned them of a rather large snake ahead, they said they had stopped to look at a "wild boar" that was running around along the side of the trail. I did not stop to see the "wild boar" because I think they can be dangerous. You never know what you will see running. One day Dean and I ran at Erwin Park but not on the trail, we ran a circular loop that runs through the park. As I came around a corner I heard a strange sound, looked up and there was a hot air balloon being filled up for a sunset ride. I did not have my camera with me and I really wished that I did. Here are more pics from the Greenbelt;





Caterpillar!!!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment